Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Belly Flutters :)



Chappell kicks all the time now. She is the sweetest lil thing ever. She nudges me all day long at my desk and at night before going to bed especially. Brian is able to feel them as well. We read to her at night sometimes and talk to her everyday. We tell her that mommy and daddy love her so much and can't wait for her to get here! Sometimes I can see my stomach move when she kicks which is really cool. I love every minute of it!

We are now at 27 and a half weeks...almost the the 3rd trimester! YEEEEEEY! Brian painted the nursery this past week (pale pink of course) and we got the furniture as well! We decided to go with the birdie theme from Pottery Barn Kids (the Penelope Nursery) and absolutely love it! Our friend Stacey is coming in a few weeks to paint a mural on the wall. So the colors will be pink and green :) We can't wait to see the finished product!

My mom and I have been going kind of crazy with the baby clothes shopping...we can't help ourselves! We have gotten her a ton of cute lil onesies, sleepers, and other lil outfits that she is going to look absolutely precious in. :) My favorite thing I've gotten so far though is her "coming home from the hospital" outfit :) It's a pink lil gown (long-sleeved b/c it will be Oct most likely) and has her monogram on the collar in white. We also have her some pink shoes to wear as well. She is going to look like an angel :) She just kicked as I was typing this so I think she is excited about the outfit too! :)

Brian and I could seriously spend an entire day in Babies R Us...we did recently and bought our first item--- a stroller and car seat travel system. It's supposed to be one of the top rated (of course Brian researched everything before we bought) LOL It was exciting though to buy something like that. Our showers are coming up...the first one is next weekend and I can't WAIT! It's an all-girls shower and Chappell and I are thrilled about it! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

O.k., so you made me cry. Chappell is so lucky to have you and Brian as her parents. You always do such sweet things and make life special. She is going to enjoy being part of our family. I can't wait to love her. God bless her little soul.

LOL,
Aunt Missa (because Melissa will be too hard for her to say)