Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Morning Sickness and Dr Visits


well I've definitely been feeling what they call morning sickness...but what it really should be called is "all day sickness." But overall it hasn't been too bad. My body is just getting used to all of the hormone changes. I have had to take medication to help me get through this and since I've been on that, I feel like a new woman! :)

We got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time at 12 weeks. Our doctor waits longer to do that than most I think. It was very emotional and overwhelming...it really made it a reality for us. The heartbeat was fast...in the 150s. They warned us that sometimes it can take a while to find the actual heartbeat and to not get discouraged if that happened, but the minute the doctor put the monitor on my belly she found the heartbeat immediately! It was so exciting! I don't think I've smiled this much in a long time :) I have like permagrin :)

Because I am high risk, I had to go in at 16 weeks for my first ultrasound (my doc usually waits until 20 weeks). My sister had her little boy at 25 and a half weeks so they needed to check me early to make sure everything looked good. They said that everything was measuring great and that IT'S A GIRL!! They were able to go ahead and tell us...we were sooo thrilled! My mom has been saying all along it was a girl and I had the same feeling...Im very girlie so it's fitting :) We would have been happy either way, b/c we would like one of each ideally, but having a little girl is just so exciting! We didn't go crazy with the pink or anything at first b/c we wanted to wait on the 20 week ultrasound to get another confirmation. You never know...something could "pop up".

No comments: