Wednesday, July 16, 2008

First Tri-mester Feelings




Brian and I found out we were expecting our first child on February 13, 2008! There were 2 lines instead of one and we were so excited to find out we were going to be parents. The next day just to be sure...we took another one. This one was digital and said YES+! So there was the confirmation we needed. On Vday 2008, Brian and I made a video to share with our parents and family the following night. (we were celebrating my 29th bday at Johnny's). I already could feel some changes in my body. I couldn't hardly button any of my pants and sat at my office desk uncomfortably all day. When it was time to show the DVD my heart was beating out of my chest in a good way but mostly from anticipation of how our family would react. We told them it was Brian's bday/vday gift to me so they didn't see it coming. At the end of the video it showed us looking at the test with excitement and the next picture was us with a thumbs up and Brian holding my belly :) We ended the video with a picture of baby feet and it said "The Lackores are expecting a new addition...8 months and counting!" Our family was sooo ecstatic. There were lots of tears and just happiness beyond words all around us. At this pt, I was almost 6 weeks! Needless to say this was the best birthday present I've ever gotten! Here is a link to the video we showed our family and friends to tell them the good news!

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/ashelylackore/?action=view&current=Valentineof2008.flv

That weekend we went to Charlotte for a planned shopping spree for my bday that turned into more of a mommy-spree considering I couldn't fit into any of my pants. I got some new maternity clothes that I can wear now or later so that was exciting and with the style being babydoll, I can wear things I already have too. Our first doctor's appt was on February 20, 2008. They confirmed that we were pregnant so that was triple confirmation! This visit was mostly just a consultation but it was neat to hear all about everything and the different changes I will be experiencing. Brian was right there with me so that was great. We confirmed that our due date is October 12, 2008! (a week before Lance and Michelle (my brother and his fiancee tie the knot LOL) On February 24, 2008(dad's bday) I turned 7 weeks pregnant. My morning sickness has really picked up and the exhaustion that my body feels is like nothing I've ever experienced before. I have been trying to take naps at Johnny's at lunch and Ive been eating a lot of little meals throughout the day to help with the nausea. It's very hard to work when I am feeling this way and on the weekends all I want to do is sleep. I went to bed last night at 8 and it made a world of difference so I guess that is my new bedtime! :) No more shows for me except on the weekends. On a website I looked at yesterday I found out that our baby is now the size of a blueberry! I thought that was so cute. Our baby has a heartbeat, it's forming limbs, and the lungs are beginning to form. It's so exciting...Im just beyond words! :)



3 comments:

Granny Debbo said...

This ws the most best news since the birth of our children and I can't wait to meet Chappell. I vow to spoil our grandbaby with more love than any little girl has ever recieved. Each and every time I think about her I almost start crying because my cup runneth over.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Ashely, this reminded me of the day you and Bubbs told all of us about our 'new addition':), and the memory brings tears of joy back to me. As Chappell's birth draws near, I think the reality is starting to hit me more and more. I can't wait. She will be so well loved <3 And, I know you and Bubbs are going to be a couple of the greatest parents on earth! Can't wait!!!!

Krissee said...

Ohhh I love the video! What a special way to tell your family!!!